Wednesday 15 July 2015

Week 49 - Quiet week but more Stampede!

Gone were my days of being a lady of leisure this week as I was teaching at summer camp. I only had to work 4 hours a day, but as I was teaching, I did have to spend more time prepping for lessons.

Monday to Friday were fairly non-eventful days. Pete would head off to work early and I would sleep in a bit. I would then busy myself around the place until lunchtime when I would walk to work to teach. After the work day, I would walk home almost melting from the heat, where Pete would arrive home shortly after. We would then have dinner and relax for the evening.

Saturday was also fairly uneventful as I was teaching at church in the afternoon (we had a visiting speaker), so we pottered around home, took a casual stroll to Starbucks for a cool beverage and relaxed before heading to church. Church went well, but we chose to head home after the service instead of staying for the later service. We relaxed at home before deciding that we would head to the movies. Our movie of choice was Jurassic World. We opted for the late showing as we had no special plans for the next morning. The movie was great. I spent a bit of time huddling into Pete as some of the scenes were a bit scary. However, I'm pretty sure Pete didn't mind. 

Sunday I was awoken by huge cracks of thunder. We had no plans for the morning, but we did have plans for the afternoon/ evening. And they involved being outside. The rain pelted down, so we spent a leisurely morning inside. At around lunch, we decided to pop to the mall. I felt like a cafe type bite to eat, and the best place near us is a cafe in the mall. It's the closest we've got to a cafe here anyway. We only browsed through the mall. I broke the bank by purchasing some mustache pencils (I couldn't resist). We then went home for another bout of relaxing before we packed our bag ready for the Stampede. Today was the last day for the 'Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth'. We had another look around, saw John's (Pete's boss) daughter Willow performing in a show to which Pete screamed out "Go Willow!". He found out that that had made her day. We then toured the place for some food for me. Pete had eaten before we came. I opted for a pulled pork bun. Scrumptious. We then made our way to the Grandstands for the Chuck wagon races. They were everything I was expecting and more. After 9 heats, they moved onto the show. The theme was Canada. And despite not being Canadian, I felt proud of the country I live in after watching the show. Unfortunately the photos I have will not do it justice. We then watched the magnificent display of fireworks before popping out early to get a spot on the train. As we expected the trains to be packed, this was a good idea as we missed all of the crowds and got a seat all the way home.

Pete standing on our homeland on the world map.

Crossing the finish line!


That tractor hauled that massive stage across the ring.

An image of the show.

Can't get over how awesome their uniforms are.

The Northern Lights (AKA flying girls).

Fireworks!

Fireworks!
And so ends another quiet week here in Canada. We are getting into leaving mode now with the plan being to pack our apartment up next week. Sad to be saying goodbye, but oh so excited to be traveling throughout Canada and the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment