Thursday 23 July 2015

Week 50 - Short but Sweet

This week I got to be a lady of leisure again and boy did I enjoy it. My time was occupied with packing, emails and a few too many movies.

Monday was an average day for both of us. When Pete arrived home, we sat down to dinner and of course some Heartland.

Tuesday I went to sewing. I am making a kimono and am loving what it looks like. But, I didn't get it finished so I have one more class before we head off on our adventure.

Wednesday was a repeat of Monday.

Thursday we hit the bank after Pete finished work and then we made our way to the Archery place. Why you may ask. Well, after 2 years of wanting a bow, Pete's dream is coming true. So, being the ever supportive wife I was, I told Pete to take his time at the shop while I sat in the car. Thankfully, he didn't chat for too long, and he emerged with his bow in a case. Naively I thought that that would be that. Alas I was wrong. In order for Pete to use the bow, he also needs a few other items. So we shall be visiting the archery place again.

Friday after Pete arrived home from work, we went to the library to return a stack load of books I had borrowed for work. We then went to McDonald's for dinner. I swear I love this place far too much. We then headed home and slipped into our PJs to snuggle up in front of ... yep, you guessed it. More Heartland.

Saturday we decided to head to Cross Iron Mills (a huge mall in the north). We had a great time looking around and making a few purchases. Pete tired sooner than I did though, so after a few hours, we decided to make our way home to have a quiet one in. As summer is upon us, church is now only every second Saturday.

Sunday we had a lazy morning. I managed (easily) to convince Pete to take me out for breakfast. Destination: IHOP. The place was packed, but the wait was worth it. We dined on pancakes, sipped coffee and enjoyed hanging out. We then went to a secret store to buy a secret gift for someone special back home. After our leisurely morning, we were wiped, so headed home where I had a nana nap and Pete watched a movie. We spent the rest of the evening mapping out where we are going on our travels through Canada. As we are driving all the way across the country, some drives will be pretty full on. Pete feels he is more than capable of being our chauffeur. I know he will be great.

"Quick, take the picture cos I'm so hungry!"

Banana pudding pancakes

All that for $11. Not too bad.
And so ends another very uneventful week here in Calgary. Plans are in full force for our holiday though which I will blog about. In those posts you will be inundated with photos. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment